Minnesota ECIP’s Overview
The ECIPs are aligned to the Minnesota Kindergarten Academic Standards. Minnesota K-12 has adopted Common Core Standards for English, but not for Mathematics.
Minnesota defines Kindergarten readiness here. When a child arrives at kindergarten he or she will exhibit his/her knowledge and skills across multiple learning areas.
There is a Kindergarten Entry Profile with downloadable PDFs and other resources here.
The learning domains, areas of development, included in the ECIPs are:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Approaches to Learning
- Language, Literacy and Communications
- The Arts
- Social Systems: Cognitive
- Physical and Movement Development
- Scientific Thinking
Download the Minnesota Early Childhood Indicators of Progress on the Minnesota Department of Education website here.
Parent Aware – QRIS in MN
Parent Aware is Minnesota’s Quality Rating and Improvement System. It offers tools and resources to help:
- Families find quality child care and early education
- Programs improve their practices
- Children benefit from care and education that will prepare them for school and life.
Parent Aware has standards in four categories:
- Physical health and well-being
- Teaching and family relationships
- Assessment of child progress
- Teacher training and education